Wednesday, July 27, 2011

inspired

Ever since I started running I've been seeing lots of Facebook posts and hearing lots of talk about people wanting to start up running or become more active in general.


I would never assume that I am the source for such inspiration... I kind of think it's like trying to get pregnant: suddenly everyone and their dog is pregnant and in your face. So maybe people have been running or thinking about running for a while and I'm only noticing it because of my recent transition into a runner.


But... a girl can dream, right?


My whole life I've felt on the outside looking in.

Not quite fitting in but not quite out enough to be an "outlaw."

I have felt talentless for a long time.


So I'll pretend for a moment that I am inspirational and that is my talent.


On this same line of thought......

I keep thinking about all the people who've inspired me over the years.

And I never actually told them--THANKED them--for inspiring me.


I have a few phone calls to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment