Friday, July 8, 2011

pandora (almost) ate my mojo






So I love my iPod. I also love Pandora. While my iPod is not lacking in tunage, Pandora offers my noggin' a plethora of songs I might not have normally chosen. I can also change the channel according to my current situation--running, relaxing, escaping, etc.

This morning, however, Pandora almost ate my mojo.

I actually don't know if I should blame Pandora, Blackberry, or Sprint. I'm not going to waste my time over-analyzing it.

As I began the pre-run stretch routine, I started up Pandora, which if you didn't know takes a while to start up. Then as I began my run it kept cutting out. And then starting again. And then cutting out a few seconds later.

This lasted for about the first 10 minutes of my run. Mojo? Oooooh Mojo? Here, boy!

Gone.

I don't know what it is about music. It's in my blood. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not good at MAKING music --in any form-- but when I listen to music I get into a happy place. When I run with music I get into a groove and everything--my breathing, my steps--falls into place.

Ask my mom and she'll tell you I have a disorder.

No, really.

Most people talk in sentences. I talk in lyric. Anything anyone says reminds me of a song and I start singing it (much to their dismay) or saying it (which just makes them give me a looney-look).

Some people wouldn't be bothered by a less-than-stellar Pandora experience. They'd turn it off and let their thoughts run with them. I can't do that. My thoughts are running all day long--I'm a worrier, it's my nature. The music helps me lose my thoughts and find my heart. Sappy, right?

Well, I'm not sure what happened but after those torturous 10 minutes Pandora starting running smooth as butter and my mojo came home, wagging his tail behind him.




What gets your mojo going?


No comments:

Post a Comment