Monday, July 18, 2011

so hardcore

This weekend I went to Cedar City, Utah for a girls' weekend with my in-laws.

(I also took my 7-year-old daughter with me.)


I got really ambitious and packed my running gear so I could go on a Saturday morning run.
(On vacation? Who does that?!)


Friday night I set up our air mattress and my daughter and I fell asleep thinking happy thoughts: hers of the nail-painting party that was going to happen the following day, mine of the impending morning run.


About an hour after falling asleep, I woke up with my hip on the floor and my daughter laying half on me. Great... a hole in the mattress. I checked the plugs and re-inflated it, hoping that I would get a different outcome. (What is the definition of crazy again?)


After fighting with different positions and then waking up to hear my daughter having a hard time breathing I decided it just wasn't worth it and took her out to sleep on an armchair and I slept on the floor, then the couch.


Do I even need to tell you how much my body ached in the morning?

OW.


I turned off my alarm--there was NO WAY I was going to run. I needed sleep, maybe some ice cream, and a massage.


Then I remembered something I had read in this book I'm reading about the endorphins that are released during and after a run. (Endorphins are our body's natural pain relievers.)


So, I got up and I ran. I had no idea where I was going, I just knew that I wanted to go.


Let me tell you.


Cedar City has got some KILLER hills. At one point I seriously had to ask myself if I was even moving forward.

I pushed through the pain.


I found my groove.


It was awesome.


The rest of the day I felt great, energized, unstoppable!


I am so friggin' hardcore, guys... at least it feels that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment